Ming Yuan Educational Research Grant Program
About the grant program
The purpose of Ming Yuan Education Research Grant Program is to promote the educational exchange between China and abroad. Therefore, this program will award 100,000 RMB in research grants to at most 10 Ph.D. Students every year, to help those who will contribute to the field of educational research by conducting high-quality research. We invite individuals to submit appropriate research project proposals for funding. Projects might include, but are not limited to, doctoral dissertation research, academic papers, and scholarly reports. Grants are only awarded for research purposes.
• Be enrolled in the second year of a Ph.D. degree-granting program relevant to education, in the Faculty of Education at Beijing Normal University, regardless of citizenship and country of residence.
• Submit ALL application materials on or before 5pm Monday, April 15th, 2016.
How to Apply
There is no application form. Applicants are required to submit ALL of the following information to Ming Yuan Education Foundation:
(1) A research proposal of no more than five pages (single-spaced, 12 point font) describing their proposed study, its scope and focus, its methods, its projected impact and/or professional significance, its time frame in which the research will be completed, and a detailed account of the applicant’s experience and expertise in that research topic;
(2) A cover letter specific to this application, with the applicant name, student ID, email address, phone number and major;
(3) A Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
(4) A recommendation letter written and signed by a faculty member in the Faculty of Education, who agrees to advise and support the applicant through the completion of his or her project.
Applications are considered once a year. Applicants should email ALL of the application materials to email@example.com, print 5 copies of the application materials, and submit them to Room 348, Yingdong Building, before 5pm Friday, April 15th, 2016.
All materials submitted in support of the Research Grant application become property of Ming Yuan Education Foundation and are not returned to the applicant.
Ming Yuan Education Foundation will form a selection committee comprised of education scholars and experts to review all completed applications and select awardees. Successful applicants will be informed of the outcome no later than June 20th, 2016